Applying for college is just two years away. Continue taking college preparatory courses to be ready for college-level work.
|* Take the most challenging courses you can this year.
* Discuss your future dreams with your high school counselor at least once a semester.
* Explore your options for TechPrep courses - you can get a college credit for technical classes you take in high school.
* Plan to take the Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test / National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT). It's the key to some scholarships.
* Read, read, read. Work on your writing skills.
* Learn about current affairs. Keep on top of world news.
* Keep your grades up.
* Take part in summer enrichment programs and special workshops that focus on a particular subject, such as science or math.
* Update your record of activities and/or community service projects, including recent accomplishments and awards.
* Start planning the extracurricular activities you want to be involved in next year.
|For more help go to: www.collegefortexans.com or 1-888-311-8881|