Members present were: Robert Conkin, Gwen Parish, Michelle Estrada, Connie Edwards, and Elaine Brownd.
There was no old business to discuss.
- Nomination process will begin Monday, September 26, 2005. We will send out letters to parents in the report cards to come and pick up nomination forms from the principal's office if they want to nominate their child. Teachers may nominate a student at this time. Nominations for Fall 2005 are due October 7th.
- It was decided that all campuses will require two portfolio assignments: one from the fall semester and one from the spring. These assignments are not necessarily in addition to regular classroom assignments, but can be a regular assignment which shows GT quality.
- In addition to the portfolios, the GT students will be pulled out for approximately two GT days to work as a goup on special assignments. Those will be announced as soon as possible. Work from their regular classes should not be required that day.
- Performance Standard Projects (PSP) were discussed and tabled until the future.
- All GT students will take a test that shows which area they are gifted in. This will happen in late October. Until then, students may work on portfolio assignments in their chosen core area. After the test, the spring assignment may change core areas. Students may also choose to include more than two assignments. That would be great.
No other business was discussed.
*If you have questins, don't hesitate to ask one of the members who were present.